Foods that boost your mood.
We all know that eating healthy has a positive impact on our health, both inside and out. But does eating healthier help with our moods, anxiety or depression?
The answer is yes! Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and good quality fats can be great in helping to boost our moods. When we are eating healthy, our body experiences less inflammation, which has a very big impact on our mood, depression, anxiety, and studies have even shown can decrease the risk for diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Foods high in sugar, or processed are linked to disease, inflammation, and depression. Avoiding foods high in trans fat, fried foods, and alcohol can be a great way to start to feel better.
So what foods should you eat?
According to an article on Brain MD, here are 7 different foods that affect your mood in a positive way.
- Berries – high in Vitamin C, can be a great vitamin when dealing with stress hormones like cortisol.
- Beans – high in magnesium a mineral that many are deficient in, can promote relaxation and calmness.
- Dark Chocolate – high in fiber, and shown to boost positive moods and cognition.
- Fish – seafood like salmon and sardines are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which can help with anxiety.
- Herbal teas – can be rich in antioxidants, and promote feelings of calm and lessen stress.
- Leafy greens – rich in many vitamins and minerals, especially magnesium which helps combat stress.
- Whole fruits – high in Vitamin C and many other antioxidants and nutrients that create wellness in our brains.